MWC Mechanical/Quartz Hybrid NATO Pattern Military Pilots Chronograph
The MWC PVD NATO chronograph is based on the same basic specification used by several other leading manufacturers of NATO chronographs but with a number of detail improvements to improve operation and visibility. Although the watch is made to a specification which is specifically designed to meet the needs of military aircrews it is also ideal for both airline and GA pilots. The case size is 45.5mm and the chronograph uses a VK67 hybrid movement.
A hybrid chronograph is powered by a battery, regulated by a quartz crystal and also controlled by a set of precision levers, hammers and gears. It shares some features with both a mechanical and a quartz movement, combining the feel and appearance of a mechanical watch with the advantage of quartz accuracy.
Hybrid watches appear outwardly to be mechanical.
The biggest plus of all with the hybrid is that it will need significantly less maintenance than any mechanical chronograph and is much less prone to suffering reliability issues in the long term.
The special covert matt black non-reflective PVD finish used for this watch is often specified in military contracts.
- Case Diameter: 44mm excluding the crown and 45.5mm including the crown
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Thickness: 13.5mm
- Dial Colour: black
- Crown: Screw Down Locking
- Case Material: 316L PVD Steel
- Caseback: 316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 10atm (100m or 330ft)
- Crystal: Sapphire with anti-reflective coating*
- Illumination - Super Luminova for maximum nighttime performance
- Movement: VK67 Mechanical/Quartz Hybrid
- Strap: 22mm NATO (NATO Nylon Webbing Strap)
- Battery: Silver Oxide SR936SW
- Battery Life: Approx. 3 years